What is the use of knowing how to iron a shirt if you do not know how to fold it?
The folding of a shirt is an art, which requires a little training to be well mastered. Here is a video that we have made especially to help you learn how to fold a shirt properly.
This is our origami time of the week!
Take 1m 29 To Learn How To Fold A Shirt!
9 Steps To Fold A Shirt Properly
- Button the shirt! It is impossible to fold a unbuttoned shirt according to Pharmacylib.
- Place the shirt freshly ironed on a flat surface (ideally an ironing board), the buttonhole facing the board.One can also say “put the shirt on the belly”, but it is less chic !!
- Then,smooth the shirt with your hands to avoid creases that might remain when folding. It’s time to stroke your shirt!Sensuality …
- Most technical time:
- Place yourmiddle finger and index finger along the collar , then grab the shoulder of the shirt with your thumb while you hold the bottom of the shirt with the other hand. (It’s much simpler to understand in video!).
- Fold the shirt panon itself, keeping the two fingers apart at the collar. Make sure that the fold is parallel to the groove for symmetrical folding.
- For the round,go back there as on the video (still a hardly descriptive moment, we leave you watch!). Do not forget to fold the surplus tissue under the armpit to avoid having a false crease. This is the little secret that should never be forgotten!
- Repeat step 5 for the second part of the shirt, being careful not to unfold the first part!
- At this point, you should get a symmetrical shirt with well-folded sleeves in the back (as you see on the video).
- Now is the time tofold the shirt in two or three choices, placing your hand at the place where you will fold to break the shirt in the right place.
- Once folded,turn the shirt upside down , and you’re done! Easy is not it?